Whether your child has a toothache or you want to get a head start on their oral health, Kids Care Dental is the way to go.Teaching your kids about how to care for their teeth and gums can save them a lot of trouble in the future.
About Kids Care Dental
According to the website, Kids Care Dental is children-friendly dental practice in Northern California. Presently, the dental children’s clinics are in cities like Stockton, Elk Grove, Roseville, Sacramento, Folsom, Pleasanton, Lodi, Manteca, and Natomas.
The practice identifies itself as a kid-friendly practice, where children can play video games in the waiting room and even view movies during the treatment. Apart from their dental practice, the company also offers free lessons in oral hygiene.
While most children are apprehensive during their first visit to the dentist, Kids Care Dental Clinic has many ways to put your child’s mind at ease and to make the experience more pleasant.
The dental clinic covers a broad range of dental services including X-Rays, Fluoride treatment, routine checkups, extractions, dental clinic and much more.
If you want to book an appointment, you’ll be delighted to hear that the clinics are open even on Saturdays. Moreover, for the customer’s convenience, the clinic also includes an online appointment form, which parents can use to schedule’s their children’s visit on the go.
Pros and Cons of Visiting this Clinic
Here’s a short list of pros and cons of taking your child to the Kids Care Clinic.
- The Pleasant practice seems to be, by far, the most popular parent’s choice when it comes to treating their children. With a 5-star rating, all parent praise the doctor’s professionalism.
- Registering your child is natural. You just have to fill in the forms received at the registration desk or use the online appointment sheet.
- Most customers commented that the staff is friendly.
- Kids were taken by the movies displayed during their treatment.
- Video games in the waiting room proved to be a fantastic distraction for children waiting their turn.
- The clinic can directly bill your insurance and send it to you.
- Staff members can inform about their children’s treatment while they wait.
- The office and the waiting rooms are spotless.
- Customers reported that the medical personnel often rotate, so it may be possible to see a different doctor each time you book an appointment for your child. Most parents are looking towards building a bond between child and doctor, a thing hard to achieve when the doctors are continually changing.
- Some customers reported that doctors might overuse dental crown. A mother from Union City wrote in the comment section that one of the dentists insisted on placing four dental crowns on a 4-year-old’s teeth, who is suffering from small cavities.
- Showing up too late can determine the clinic to cancel your appointment.
- Hygienists can sometimes be rude towards children and their parents.
- Overuse of dental X-rays.
- The clinic has a centralized phone line, and the person answering the calls can sometimes be rude.
Oral Health is Important
Before scheduling an appointment at the dentist’s office, keep in mind that the first step towards a perfect smile is knowing everything there is to know about dental hygiene.
Washing your teeth after every meal or keeping away from sweets may seem like punishments to your kids, but they are valuable life lessons and will benefit them in their adult life.
Oral health tips may sometimes be misleading because there are many tips on how you can maintain your gum’s health. A parent’s primary concern is how to tell which advice is useful and which is not. At superkidz.com, we have carefully compiled a brief list of does and don’ts when it comes to nipping your children dental problems in the bud.
The first piece of advice any dentist or hygienist will give you is to teach your child about oral health benefits at a very young age. After the child’s first teeth will erupt, it is paramount to clean the area carefully after each feeding session.
You don’t have to buy expensive dental devices to achieve this. Just use a clean gauze pad. Soak it in warm water, drain the excess liquid and very carefully clean the area between the child’s teeth and gums.
Mister Toothbrush is your child’s best friend.
Cleaning the teeth and gums after feeding is just a first step. Keep in mind that water alone cannot deal with bacteria. For starters, use a soft-bristled toothbrush and a fluoridated toothpaste.
Apply a thin layer of toothpaste on the brush and carefully massage gums and the teeth. Keep in mind that you should begin to use toothpaste as soon as your child starts teething.
Teach your child about the importance of brushing.
Dentists often recommend that parents should start teaching their children about how to clean their teeth and gum by the time they reach the age of two.
For this purpose start off by teaching your child how to hold a toothbrush and how to apply toothpaste to it. Apply a thin layer of toothpaste on the brush and begin by massaging his gums and teeth.
Do this for a couple of times, then let him exercise. It would be a good idea to oversee the process until your child is old enough to do this on his own.
Teach them to avoid sugary treats.
It may be hard at first, but this a lesson a child must learn sooner or later. Sugar can be very dangerous for your children’s teeth because it is the considered the leading cause of tooth decay.
Recent research has shown that it takes saliva about half an hour to deal to restore our mouth’s acid level after consuming sweets.
Don’t let your kids fall asleep with the pacifier.
It would be a good idea to remove the infant’s pacifier after he or she has fallen asleep. Overuse of pacifier can contribute to tooth decay and can even deform the teeth.
Schedule an appointment with the dentist
Keep in mind that you shouldn’t visit a medical specialist only when your child has a dental issue. Prevention is always the key to a perfect smile, and an early appointment to the dentist can tell you if your children’s teeth are fine or whether he or she requires treatment.
Whether your child has begun teething or if he or she are already mastering their toothbrushes, it is crucial to stress out the importance of dental hygiene. Sometimes, our smiles can be the best business cards, and it’s imperative to maintain their aspect and health for as long as we can.
Clinics like the Kids Dental Clinic can often give you the best advice when it comes to teaching your child about gums and teeth. Also, bear in mind that you should always remind him or her that brushing is not a punishment but a valuable life lesson.